Friday, June 8, 2012

Attack Of The Shellac, Hear Me Roar

GRRRRRRRRRRRR, that's right
Mes amies would say I have a rather addictive personality.  (I'm told my toddler does as well thanks to the preschool academic powers that be, yes, the "beauty" of MY genes) .  I'm routined and regimented and I like consistency in the sickest sense.  When I find a summer cocktail I like, it sticks,( Skinnygirl ). When something fits, flatters and zips, (while strategically squeezing in each love handle at a time), that "something" becomes a sure new favorite and works in as " my regular".  Incorporating a shellac mani into my beauty regimen has become just that.  The shellac manicure is right up there, becoming as addictive as a supportive sports bra ( god knows I need it), as essential as gel eyeliner when leaving the house ( top and bottom lid) and as necessary as the handful of baked cheetos I work into my daily lunch routine, undoubtedly . While it saddens me to part with Essie's marshmallow and to have to put OPI's strawberry fields on the shelf, these iconic nail polish brands have taken a quick back seat to the attack of the shellac, thanks to Creative Nail Design. 
The shellac is a mommies manicure miracle. It's a manicure that won't chip for weeks and safely allows you to scrub the crud off your dishes, hit the playground slide or pull your hair strands out one by one when your day can't get any worse,  all without any harm to the polish. You can still choose from a pleather of colors from neutrals to neon's and it dries like wildfire with the help of UV lights. While it can cause your nails to soften like the thinnest paper and slowly break your nails off one nail at a time, well,  eh so what? Beauty hurts, shellac is my crack and you do what you need to do to look your best for the sake of efficiency.  I'm not injecting botox and I haven't gone under the knive ( yet) , so for now this is my guility beauty pleasure, sad but true, this is it, take it or leave it but try it.... Zou Bisou Bisou...  
I want to be Megan, just for one round of Zou Bisou Bisou with a shellac mani and with Don Drapper, not Jon Hamm, Don Drapper thrown in...

No comments:

Post a Comment