Saturday, May 19, 2012

It's Perfect 2 Be Imperfect...In Python, Perhaps?

If sex was a shoe this would be it, yes, it's Christian Louboutin if you live in a pothole and didn't recognize the red sole
Someone once told me that if you put your problems into a circle you would still pull out your own problems . I'm still trying to find the truth in that statement. This week wasn't as epic of a mommy week as it could have been.  Aside from the abnormally gorgeous weather,  I had complete blogging brain freeze, experienced terrible 2s in an abundance, burnt the 1 batch of cookies I have baked in the last 2 years ( not a Martha Stewart type), had a 45 minute therapy session riddled with tears and tissues and none of my printed denim ( and you know I love my novelty denim) seemed to fit. Crappy numbers at Flywheel and an inability to sprint it out at Barry's Bootcamp was the cherry on top of simply feeling bummed.
I am not I repeat I am not and never will be a Martha Stewart
type, pray for my kids....

We all have weeks we would like to erase from our memory and pretend didn't happen. But, challenging times are OK. I'm declaring its normal to feel abnormal , its on to be "off" ,  and it's time to get comfortable with uncomfortable in our day to day lives.  The hard part is finding the strength to pick yourself up and keep yourself going and looking FORWARD. Positivity leads to creativity which leads to longevity. Not sure if that makes total sense but it sounds stellar reading it on paper.

And while what I'm about to say doesn't fix your imperfections or solve every problem spinning in that head of yours, a little bit of instant gratification never hurt anyone. So food for thought today let's talk about what makes us feel good and for me ( shocker) it's some good old fashion "fashion", some good old calorie free fun.

PYTHON!  Python is an awesome wardrobe staple. It never goes out of style. It looks good on you, your baby girl or on your mother, ( hmmm would be a cute three generations picture, no )?  It's seasonless, effortless and screams in the know, in the show! SO INVEST! Below are a few of my favorites. Python could be just a splash in your wardrobe but it's worth the spend while your on the mend from a week to forget.  Wohoo! Blogging is back on, a little python on the horizon, a few sips/slowly finshing  my husband's Amstel while the baby sleeps and I'm already feeling better. Python puts everything into perspective, people, duh.  Moving right along...


From top left clockwise: Equipment blouse, Textile Elizabeth & James jeans, Sam Edelman tote, Ted Rossi bangle

No comments:

Post a Comment