Sunday, April 15, 2012

And Then There Was Henri, ( Why Is It Always About The Guy)?!

My husband says that one of my notable character traits ( well, technically it could be identified as a flaw),  is that I'm great at spending money. I can't deny or confirm that statement but there are times, such as within the last week, when I pretended that money actually grows on trees and mother nature is footing the bill.
I have been driving my nearest and dearest bonkers lately trying to find the perfect dress & accessories for my brothers wedding next weekend. I mean, I am the sister of the groom, right? OK I know, no one cares what I wear down the aisle but I can't scare everyone & walk down the aisle naked, can I! So listen up...

ONE week before the "I Dos" the hunt for the dress is over.  I just can't eat for the next week.  Even spanx won't do the trick to smooth things out, friends. It's plain and simple ,  I'm in starvation mode.  Good news is I kept it cost effective so brownie points for me and my money tree.  Sneak peak below, thank you Shopbop, (dress is actually navy)...


Model has like 5 feet on me and weighs about a whole
person less than me so I may not look
as stellar in this, I'm aware of that

But what about the jewelry and the shoes? That has been an even harder credit card charge to charge, surprisingly!

But then there was Henri,
( damn, why is it always about the guy)?!

After getting my eyebrows plucked and perfected yesterday at Fredrick Fekkai on 4 I scooted down to costume jewels on 2 at Henri Bendels. If you haven't been recently you are sorely missing out!!!



Henri Bendels' crown jewels ( haha, funny, funny )  include fun, flirty and fabulous fashion pieces all wrapped up in their brown and white signature wrap.  Here's what I snagged:

Bolts of cobalt and other shades of blues are all over the stores for Spring 2012. A punch of this color family is a complete no brainer to pop the navy. Loving a festive attire dress code allowing for a little more sugar and spice and everything nice...


Obsessed with these necklaces by Anton Heunis . All Anton Heunis jewelry is handmade in Madrid, Spain where Anton Heunis himself oversees the entire production process. Feels one of a kind , vintage with a current twist. And get this? Some of the necklaces are reversible. 2 for 1 ? Done. And all under $200. I will totally be wearing my purchase at some point during the wedding weekend- can you say after party?????

Next order of business? The shoes. Go big or go home, right?  Mild love affair with the B by Brain Atwood pumps below and as I am anything but traditional, I'm feeling the hotness here.

B by Brian Atwood- Shopbop.com
However, shhhh I have a little rendezvous with an old friend tomorrow you may know him..Barneys? Lives on Madison? So we will see what he brings to the table tomorrow before shoe votes are casted.

Keep shaking that tree, shake, shake, shake...

No comments:

Post a Comment