Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Um, It's Your Pits

This is the land of the free and the home of the brave, yes,  totes, I'm with you, but why is it that a beautiful, sunny morning with fresh crisp air is ruined by a person who walks by you, reeking of body odor. I'm not talking about " I just worked out and I smell like sweat" smell,  I get that and witness that smell at Flywheel each week, ( 4 times on a good week).  I'm talking about a well groomed, well dressed man who chooses willingly not to wear deodorant. Does it take that much effort to swipe a stick, spritz a spray or roll on a roller to alleviate any emotional damage on your peers and neighbors?  

Body odor is a pet peeve of mine, always has been. When I travelled around Europe my junior year abroad it took everything I had to roam the streets of Italy on a hot Spring day and not make scowling faces. Too many men in white socks with black shoes (fashion no no!!!)  and UNBEARABLE body odor.   Luckily the homemade pasta got me through it with a 10 plus weight gain in addition to many trips to the Prada outlets in Montervarchi :)

Now this is the land of the free and home of the brave, it takes bravery
fighting off the vultures looking for a pretty Prada deal 
Gaining weight just looking at this picture...















Deodorant is part of our culture, it's a right of passage into adolescence, it's a necessity you don't dare travel without!  I believe in freedom of speech but freedom to reek of body odor is not an amendment that needs passing.  So, non deodorant wearing man from this morning , this is how we do things in the good old US of A .  Please, walk to your local Duane Reade or Bodega and pick up your favorite scent it will cost you less than the designer Michael Kors  underwear you had on today, ( that's just a guess based on the fancy way he was dressed, OK?)


Deodorant is a quick fix, will score you more friends, more match.com dates, more job interviews, whatever you are in the market for and whatever floats your boat. I guarantee it. Or money back. We have enough funky smells in NYC do we really need to start a body odor epidemic especially with summer upon us? Can't we all just get along?!

No comments:

Post a Comment