Sunday, April 8, 2012

You Get What You Get And You DON'T Get Upset"- Pinkalicious

"You get what you get and you DON'T get upset", say Pinkalicious".  If only that phrase were actually true, Ms. Pinkalicious.  Thanks Pinky, but that's kind of a crock of crap. Was that what I should have told my daughter today when she tried to swipe the cupcakes ,the FAKE ones mind you, from the stage during your pinkatastical Pinkalicious play ? And who then flailed into a full Pinkalicious tantrum with 200 of our closest friends in the theater? We adhered to the "quiet please" signs and quickly removed her from the theater carefully and calmly ,(well calmly, that's debatable), to not ruin the experience for the other toddlers in tiaras sitting front row.



( Note to self:  Do not spend money on expensive tickets during tantrum years, no chance in hell she will make it through any sort of performance that doesn't involve real cupcakes)!

Karl Lagerfeld would be proud
of this knock off
I was excited to take her to her first big play and thought a quick hour performance was do able, mother daughter time!  I dressed her in her fake Chanel tweed, ( it's killer, thank you GAP) and a big rosette hair bow ( with rhinestones, must have rhinestones) and she held her very own Pinkalcious doll as we hailed a taxi uptown on 3rd avenue.

 Confession, I wore pink too , OK,  I did!!! But I didn't feel so bad when I spotted a dad in head to toe bubblegum pink sitting front row, ( true story) as we took our seats. Twenty minutes later, arms and legs were failing, punches were being thrown at yours truly, ( she has a serious arm) and screams echoed throughout the theater. Suddenly, we were hailing a taxi back downtown as our 1 hour bonding time turned into 20 minutes of mayhem.


Well you do get what you get and hey I GOT upset ( and clearly so did she),  but she's 2, and I'm 30ish , remember ? And things don't always go according to plan in life. No reason to cry over crushed cupcakes, we should move on and look to the next task and of course, work on and tweak some behavior practices on our end. I was looking forward to sharing Pinkalicious today with my baby but there is always Purplicious next year, or Goldilicious this summer or even some one on one time with her Mommylicious tomorrow over a tea party and REAL pink cupcakes.  (I hate a good tantrum but I love her more, especially when her face is covered in pink frosting).  Thanks, Pinky day is looking up.



No comments:

Post a Comment