Saturday, March 3, 2012

One please, yes just one

We always remember our "firsts":  Our first "time" ( was it as good for you as it was for me)? , our first job making close to minimum wage, our first apartment that was the size of a closet, and more importantly our first Louboutins that to this day are kept in that red shoe bag stuffed in your closet . But what about the first time you went to the movies solo. Yes, alone. Do you remember ? It may seem strange but after living in NYC for 11 years now I had NEVER done it until yesterday. There I was, in my Hunter rain boots and Chanel jumbo handheld as I walked anxiousily down 2nd Avenue. I don't know, for me it's a big deal to walk up to the counter and say "just one please".  I have always been about the "two" , the duo . Two for dinner, two for coffee, two for the theater. Two is always better that one, right? Well not always. Sometimes we just need our " me " time, and what better place than a movie theater, where you are unreachable , in the dark, in silence and alone. We take the silence and the anonymity for granted especially in a city of this grandeur, with lives full of hustle and bustle. So if you haven't gone to the movies alone, try it, and take a little time to enjoy the silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment