Saturday, March 3, 2012

Preschool 101, make that 401

Who knew getting your child into the New York City preschool system required an additional 40 hours of overtime, multiple outfit fittings of Crewcuts for play dates ( aka the 2 year old interviews), and an extra supply of Xanax in lieu of wait list and rejection letters? I'm in the midst of this beloved process and let me tell you it sucks. The only positive so far is I've lost my appetite making me that much closer to being able to wear my tiny Current Elliot shorts this summer. All I keep thinking is who wouldn't want my baby in their school? She can stack a block tower 3 feet tall, make the most beautiful play dough ball, and sings "Twinkle twinkle little star' like its nobody business. But between her talents, first choice letters and thank you notes, we are wait listed. And we wait...and we wait... for someone to let us in where we will then make a small down payment to secure her spot. Take it or leave it ladies, it's a jungle out there, but we just can't get enough of the insanity, can we?

No comments:

Post a Comment