Thursday, March 15, 2012

Your Three Way


1 economy crisis + 1 child riddled with expenses + 1 urban mother = 3xs the need for smarter shopping. I've said it before I love fashion, it's in the genes but I had to make some new rules for myself or my husband would cut my credit cards up,  ( he actually cut them up years ago after one too many Manolo purchases, very VERY traumatizing). So I'm going with THE THREE WAY, familiar territory for some, more challenging for others. It's OK, embrace it. The rule is to purchase a new item, you must maximize its' wear incorporating the item into your wardrobe with THREE different outfits/ three different ways /three different " partners", whatever works for you to get the idea to stick. For example, I recently purchased a DVF metallic color block cardigan ( See below) : I can wear with a white tank top (James Perse non- ribbed, preferred), back to skinny boyfriend jeans for school pick up. 

Later, throw the SAME cardigan back to a color blocked blouse ( color blocking, important) and white jeans for dinner at Red Farm ( 2 hour wait plus mind you)...


and AGAIN revert to the cardigan over my LBD with Charlotte Olympia platform sandals for the theater later next week.     


Take novelty and a trend and MAKE IT YOUR OWN, make it a classic.  Consider each purchase an investment, a new staple, and a dollar well spent. We need to be select and choosy these days but with a pinch of excitement, so make the right decisions, have a little fun with it and enjoy the experience. Try your three way today...

PS- please tell me you know what an LBD is...... it's a Little Black Dress. A wardrobe must. If you didn't know this, this is an indication to add me to your favorites and follow me on twitter, @vft30ishfloor

No comments:

Post a Comment